Nurse Practitioner, Bariatric Surgery - CMGE Ct For Weight Ctl Midlvl
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Ct For Weight Ctl Midlvl
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assessing, implementing, evaluating and coordinating health care to patients in a busy Steward Medical Group outpatient bariatric surgery practice located at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, MA. This position is a 40 hours a week. Will require travel to St. Elizabeth's Medical Center in Brighton, MA one to two days a week.
* Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
* Clearly communicate with patients and their families
* Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
* Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
* Provide pre and post-operative patient education
* Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
* Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
* Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
* Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
* MSN degree required
* One to five years NP experience in family or adult medicine preferred; new grads welcome
* Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Nurse Practitioner License
* Current certification through either American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
* Current Federal DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance registrations
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 54310