Ensures that patients are properly received when they call into the facility. This includes ensure that patients are timely, accurately and courteously listened to and respond to in a manner which insures a positive outcome for the patient.
- Upon patient’s call, listen and respond to the request efficiently utilizing the MicroMed and NexGen Software.
- Ensures tone and voice is easily understood by caller, speaking in normal unrushed manner.
- Properly captures all information in the computer system upon setting an appointment. e.g., insurance verification, patient demographic verification etc
- Maintains a pleasant, friendly demeanor in all interactions with customers by utilizing eye contact, courtesy, and a warm caring attitude.
- Follows Agency policies and procedures
- Reschedule providers daily appointments as directed by supervisor.
- Follows Universal Precaution Procedures while performing applicable duties.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to job position.
- Complies with the facility privacy policies and procedures for the management of protected health information (PHI)
- Maintains computer skills necessary to insure accuracy and efficiency in the performance of all data entry duties.
- Helps to maintain the office area to reduce the risk of safety hazards and enhance general appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school degree or general equivalence degree.
- May have at least two years experience in a physician’s practice.
- May be certified as a Medical Assistant.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with all ages.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of computers.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18569