Office Coordinator ( SMG - JVMC Cardiology)
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The role of the Office Coordinator II is to provide exceptional service to patients and customers while providing outstanding support to physicians and healthcare providers. The Office Coordinator ensures that patients are welcomed in a warm and friendly manner and sees that their needs and expectations are met. Office Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the smooth operations in the fast paced environment of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
- Primarily responsible for managing front desk and scheduling staff, i.e.: scheduling, training, and filling in when necessary.
- Compiles reports and conducts front desk audits including Time of Service collections and scheduling of provider schedules.
- Works collaboratively coding and billing specialists to assure timely provider clinic charges.
- Timely responses to patient inquiries.
- Assists in routine clerical functions.
- May assist with back office duties as assigned simultaneously.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Senior Practice Manager, Practice Manager, or Clinic Director.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Experience in an outpatient clinic or other healthcare setting
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.