Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Office Coordinator provides essential daily support to the Practice Administrator and to the staff to ensure efficient operation of the Practice and is responsible for coordination of multiple providers and/or multiple locations as requested by Practice Administrator.
- Ensures that all charges are complete and follows up on pending claims.
- Establishes and maintains system for efficient flow of paperwork. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Trains staff and develops their skills in office procedures, understanding EMR, divides workload effectively. Ensures staff is properly and thoroughly trained.
- Coordinates appropriate onboarding and training for newly hired staff.
- Holds staff meetings or communicates information to staff members as directed by Practice Administrator. Keeps minutes of all staff meetings.
- Acts as liaison with physician offices, health care providers and community agencies to provide appropriate referrals and scheduling.
- Assists Practice Administrator with DHS preparedness and survey readiness.
- Functions effectively and professionally in stressful situations. Able to stay on task and multi-task to effectively meet deadlines.
- Reviews pending visits for billing.
- Pending claims notifications are reviewed and appropriate staff member is delegated follow up tasks.
- Reviews missing charges and determines appropriate follow up and resolution daily.
- Appropriately and correctly completes the assigned sections of month end operating reports.
- Follows established SMG and corporate policies.
- Ensures appropriate staff levels in the practice to meet clinic needs. Fills in positions as needed due to absences or increased work loads
- Liaison with Practice Administrator for employee relation issues (i.e., attendance, performance, etc.)
- Assists with billing and charge entry as needed in practice specific software
- Understands EMR and ensures staff is properly and thoroughly trained
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- One year Prior Office supervisory experience
- High school diploma or GED
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5552