Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network with more than 15,000 employees serving more than one million patients annually in 85 communities.
Steward Medical Group, Inc. is a physician-led practice organization with approximately 2,000 employees in total and more than 160 physician practices throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
Under the supervision of the Practice Manager, the Office Coordinator serves as liaison between the physicians, Practice Manager and the office support staff. The Office Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Practice Manager with all day-to-day operational, administrative, and fiscal aspects of the physicians' offices.
- Ensures efficiency and productivity with respect to administrative and clinical functions of the office. Daily monitoring of physician and patient activity in the practice; allocates resources to necessary tasks and set priorities. Reports any problems in this area to the Practice Manager immediately.
- Responsible for accurate registration, scheduling, confirmation, and billing functions
- Answers practice phones and sends messages to clinic staff/providers as appropriate. Trains front desk staff appropriately on these functions.
- Makes recommendations for improvements/enhancements to registration, scheduling, and billing procedures.
- Manages the oversight and audit of encounter forms for completeness, accuracy, batching, and prompt distribution to billing.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with practice manager and SHCN local chapter representatives to manage risk patient quality measures in order to obtain successful compliance rates.
- Responsible for daily oversight and reconciliation of co-payment and cash collection.
- Assists Practice Manager with payroll and time off requests and coverage needs.
- Triages patient complaints for the office, working with manager to resolve issues that arise.
- Responsible for monitoring missing charge reports.
- Oversees ordering all necessary medical/office supplies and equipment for the practice.
- Procurement process including; payment requests, on-line supply ordering, and reconciliation of AP payments (including coding invoices).
- Under the direction of the Practice Manager, responsible for the training and on-board processing of all new employees.
- Assurance that all "Best Practice" initiatives are followed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to Steward Medical Group and hospital standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required. Relevant work experience may substitute for degree requirements.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize daily activities.
- Must have a thorough understanding of billing, information systems, and knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA requirements.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems (Athena preferred).
- Proficiency with computers and window-based products.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, HMO, PPO and capitated products, preferred.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7081