Operations Coordinator - 8:00am-5:00pm
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Ed at Semc
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
3-5 years experience is preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Healthcare experience is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
In collaboration with the Operations Manager, this position plays a key operational role within the Steward Medical Group (SMG) Emergency Medicine, Radiology and Pathology departments across all hospital markets.
* Assists the Operations Manager with the daily operations of all sites.
* Coordinates, under the supervision of the Operations Manager, all New Provider on-boarding activities, including overseeing processes across and between multiple departments within the system (Physician Services, Provider Enrollment, Medical Staff Offices, etc.) coordinating departmental and clinical orientations and ensuring new Providers have all the tools they need to be successful members of the team.
* Improving current processes, creating new architectures or generating new tools in support of evolving process needs.
* Assists in any adhoc requests & processes.
* Responsible for preparing progress reports and trackers.
* Responsible for project management as requested.
* Responsible for assisting in developing project / business plans.
* Assists in the development, maintenance and evaluation of all applicable policies and procedures through regular meetings with the various sites.
* Assists with processing all necessary documentation. Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
* Manages some department invoicing and/or accounts receivable
* Responsible for problem-solving and troubleshooting of daily operational occurrences. The Operations Coordinator I is a resource for operational questions.
* Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
* Performs other duties as requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in business or equivalent work experience preferred.
* Three to Five years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large medical group practice preferred.
* Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
* The ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
* Project management skills and experience are essential.
* Strong background in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and/or other analytic and project management tools required.
* Strong operational skills required.
* Experience working with Senior Leadership & Physicians is a plus.
* Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100025723