Operations Coordinator - 8:30am-5:00pm
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Practice Budget
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Position Summary: The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and management assistance to the department chair, vice chairs, and director, including seamless administrative support, and coordination of projects and activities, as required.
In addition to providing day-to-day operations support for the department chair, vice chairs and director (e.g., managing calendars, maintaining office supplies, preparing correspondence, managing payroll, etc.), the Operations Coordinator will work with the vice chair for educational affairs planning and facilitating the department of medicine's Medical Grand Rounds lecture series, accredited by Tufts University School of Medicine, and processing the hospital physicians' continuing medical education (CME) credits. The Operations Coordinator will work with the vice chair for educational affairs and the clerkship director on aspects of the medical students' rotation in medicine at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center. The Operations Coordinator will provide assistance, as needed, to the residency program director, such as during recruitment season and the interview process.
* Manage administrative activities for the chair, vice chair and director, including incoming calls, calendar management and assignments, as needed
* Coordinate the department of medicine weekly Medical Grand Rounds and associated CME - notification of speakers and participants, disseminates information about conference, maintains and ensures compliance with CME accreditation and maintains records of attendance at conferences.
* Oversee daily management of all assigned projects and responsible for ensuring timely and through completion, communication regarding barriers/ solutions and resources needed. Makes process and or organization structure suggestions for improvements and changes as needed.
* Responsible for assisting the director with the onboarding of providers in the department of medicine.
* At the direction of the internal medicine residency program director, assist the clerkship director with the completion of tasks related to the third and fourth year medical students. This includes but is not limited to preparing student rotation schedules, SARF's, preparing and running student orientation sessions, maintaining student didactic schedules and planning and collecting evaluation material for grading and reporting to the medical school.
* Prepare monthly reports for the department of medicine's chair, vice chairs, and director.
* Track the completion of the Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) for the department of medicine providers who are members of the medical staff at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center.
* Schedule meetings and coordinate necessary logistics including room reservations, food service, participant invitations, dissemination of materials and confirmations
* Responsible for the minutes at meetings
* Handle reimbursements by tracking, preparing and submitting the expense reports
* Responsible for coordinating and processing bi-weekly payroll; preparing coverage payment forms
* Ensure that all providers throughout the department of medicine have completed their annual compliance education.
* Function as office receptionist for visitors and staff; maintaining an orderly and neat office environment
* General administrative support including, process incoming and outgoing mail. Manage and order office supplies, prepare correspondence
* Emails / faxes / writes letters within Steward Policy
* Maintain confidentiality of all materials
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent amount of education and experience.
* 3-5 years of administrative experience in healthcare operations.
* Ability to prioritize and manage several projects
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Excellent communication, inter-personal, and collaborative skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills required
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024416