Operations Coordinator - CMGE Ed at Semc
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Ed at Semc
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
3-5 years experience is preferred.
Admin. support experience in Healthcare setting preferred.
Computer skills are required.
Customer service skills are required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Operations Coordinator plays a key role in coordinating the daily operations of the Hospital-based divisions of the Steward Medical Group; including Hospitalist Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Radiology, and Pathology. Primary responsibilities include managing provider onboarding, supporting daily Practice operations, and collaborating with Division leadership on various high-level projects.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, the Operations Coordinator:
* Supports the daily Practice operations of multiple sites and service lines.
* Manages the Provider on-boarding process including:
o New Provider Welcome Letter.
o Collection and Submission of Provider information for Hospital Credentialing and Payer Enrollment.
o Coordination of Provider Orientation and Training.
o Impeccable documentation and tracking of Provider on-boarding progress to ensure ability to meet key deadlines and start dates.
o Seamlessly guide Providers through the onboarding process providing key information and assistance, and pro-actively identifying and resolving any potential issues or delays.
* Responsible for the internal onboarding processes and optimization of such processes including development of new systems, tools, or techniques.
* Prepares progress reports and trackers.
* Assists the Senior Manager with Project Management and Business Planning.
* Works collaboratively with, and serves as a primary liaison to, Human Resources, IT, and various external vendors on matters of Provider on-boarding and operations.
* Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
* Performs other duties as requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in business and/or health administration or equivalent work experience required.
* Two plus years of health-care operations experience strongly preferred.
* Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
* Organized and detail oriented
* Project management skills and experience are essential.
* Strong background in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and/or other analytic and project management tools.
* Strong operational skills required.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53089