Operations Coordinator - SMG
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and Practice Directors of SMG Utah, and within the established Steward Medical Group (SMG) policies and procedures and all applicable laws, the Medical Operations Coordinator performs the following functions:
Operations Coordinator Responsibilities:
To include but not limited to:
- Acts as a primary resource for operational questions
- Assists the Practice Directors and Executive Director with the daily operations for the UT Market
- Responsible for working with SMG corporate offices to input, track and overseeing the employment contracts for physicians
- Under the direction of the SVP and Directors, assist with the creation of physician employment agreements
- Assist in submission, processing and tracking of bonus and call pay for providers
- Work directly with Senior Vice President and Executive Director to create, successfully implement, and oversee process for provider on boarding
- Incumbent will work with corporate to oversee and track lease agreements
- Create meaningful Revenue Cycle reports and trend data
- Provide billing support if needed
- Independently resolves problems and/or recommends solutions to departmental issues. Receives guidance when clarification, interpretation or exception to organizational policy is needed
- Track and submit continuing medical education (CME) documents and balances
- Assist Practice Directors with accounts payable workflows
- Attend meetings on a regular basis
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare or related field, or related equivalent work experience
- Two to four years of healthcare operations and financial experience, preferably in a large group medical practice
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
- Athena and/or EMR Experience