Optimization Specialist - Hawthorn IT/EMR/Med Records
SMG - North Dartmouth Area
Hawthorn IT/EMR/Med Records
The Optimization Specialist is responsible to facilitate the use and continuous improvement of the EHR and related software programs in order to maximize the effectiveness of the system. This position will oversee all activities related to the electronic health record and practice management including support, upgrades, user access, testing, workflow assessments, documentation, implementation and training. In addition, the Optimization Specialist will ensure the organization's compliance with CMS, HIPAA and other regulatory guidelines. They will perform in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures, follow the facility's standards for ethical business conduct, conduct self as a positive role model and team member and participate in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Facilitate the use and continuous improvement of the EHR and related software programs in order to maximize the overall functionality and effectiveness.
* Works collaboratively with all users to identify and redesign areas for improvement in EHR and PM process and workflow.
* Use project skills to execute EHR and PM enhancements and develop solutions.
* Provide ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of the EHR content to meet clinical documentation needs. * Monitor workflow and evaluate results to ensure that practice and EHR objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the EHR dept and the overall organization.
* Assist with all aspects of the implementation of new applications
* Develop and execute departmental initiatives as they apply to EHR workflows and optimization.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all CMS EHR related Pay for Performance and Quality programs.
* Implement, monitor and communicate Quality programs as directed.
* Stay current with changes in CMS regulations and documentation requirements.
* Attend and participate in leadership meetings when invited.
* Participate in education/training programs pertinent to the job. Attend staff meetings and in service education programs as requested.
* All other duties as directed.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* Associates degree in Health Informatics or related field preferred
* Minimum of 5 yrs. experience working in healthcare setting with knowledge of clinical workflows, quality initiative programs and/or process improvement
* Experience training and supporting an electronic health record
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently
* Excellent written, oral, communication and organizational skills
* Ability to quickly learn new systems and workflows
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
* Understanding of healthcare and physician operations
* Strong background in project management principles
* Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing industry and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering projects
* Ability to present and discuss information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
* Manage multiple small to large projects in a multi-specialty environment
* Problem solver; able to troubleshoot user needs and interface workflow issues
* Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations, as they become necessary
* Must be aware of safety standards as stated by OSHA and understand all patient privacy issues as mandated by HIPPA.
This job performs in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Employee may be exposed to various patient conditions including infectious diseases, blood, and bodily fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide departmental oversight during the absence of the EHR Operations Manager.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55739