Otolaryngology Program Manager - CMGE Ent Unall
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Ent Unall
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Surgical Services and the Director of Operations, the Program Manager is responsible for jointly overseeing the clinical and administrative aspects of the Steward Medical Group department of Otolaryngology.
This role will require occasion travel across Massachusetts to oversee the various satellite clinic locations outside of the primary clinic located at St Elizabeth's Medical Center.
* Ensuring high quality patient experience.
* Management and supervision of clinic staff
* Creating an efficient and productive environment for patient care through staff development, operational process improvement, and onsite management.
* Ensuring smooth and responsive business operations related to revenue cycle, surgical authorizations, phone management, information technology, and patient appointment scheduling.
* Supporting Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners and support staff in addressing operational problems or issues.
* Collaborating with Surgical Director on business development and growth strategies.
* Managing and developing relationship with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and develop business.
* Participating in regular review of services to ensure compliance with hospital based regulatory requirements as required (i.e. DPH, Joint Commission).
* Bachelor's degree in Management, Healthcare or Administration required and/or equivalent physician program/practice management experience will be considered.
* Five to seven years of healthcare management and/or progressive experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written and management skills required.
* Working knowledge of office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
* Management skills required.
* Ability to jointly manage the financial and operations aspects of specialty care sites.
* Experience with Meditech and/or Athena preferred.
* Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Internet.
* Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.
* Ability to management and direct the overall operations of private physician offices and clinics within Steward Medical Group Physician Network.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 47610