Patient Financial Services Rep
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional individual with a positive attitude, with the ability to work independently to assist our patients as a Patient Financial Services Representative. The successful candidate will:
- Serve as a primary support to Steward Medical Group (SMG) patients regarding any concerns related to billing, self-pay balances, insurance payments, and all other financial matters. This position will also help in collection of patient payments, setting up payment agreements and assisting in portal services.
- ‹‹‹Answer incoming patient phone calls and make outbound collection calls on open balances
- Update patient insurance, confirming eligibility and queue claims for billing
- Update demographic and guarantor information in the Patient Accounting System
- Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect at all times
- Troubleshoot and identify patient billing issues to resolve them to patient’s satisfaction
- Ability to explain and discuss SMG and PFS policies for better patient understanding
- Educate patients about third party and insurance processes, their plan benefits, and how they affect patient balances
- Evaluate accounts from both an insurance and self-pay perspective
- Evaluate accounts for self-pay refunds
- Manage and work queues and worklists in patient billing system
- Advocate for patients and contact insurance companies on their behalf, when necessary, to resolve disputes
- Assist with patients with access to the Patient Portal and password resets
- Set up payment plans, monitor and make outbound calls to patients with broken promise to pay agreements
- Ability to approach patient and discuss open, unpaid or overdue balances
- Receive and process patient credit card payments, and allocate to appropriate visits on the account
- Evaluate accounts for bad debt placement and wok with bad debt vendor on patient issues and concerns
- Post appropriate discounts and adjustments to patient accounts
- Interact with supporting departments; coding, cash-ops, AR follow up to resolve billing and payment issues
- Interact with Practices to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient billing issues
- Maintain expected performance metrics
- Associates degree or relevant work experience required.
- Medical billing, preferably in a professional setting, required.
- Athena and Meditech experience preferred.