Patient Registrar/ Clerk
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
We are looking for talented, dedicated Patient Registrar to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we’ll support you with comprehensive benefits including: training, a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), work-life programs, employee discounts, and opportunities to grow your career potential.
- Responsible for greeting patients, check-in patients, answer telephone calls, and identify, register and maintain records of patients.
- Responsible for the input and maintenance of patient computer data to ensure compliance to registry operational standards and to meet the users of registry data.
- Document information regarding additional information or directives, into each patient’s charts.
- Responsible for verifying patient insurance, eligibility and coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to float to other clinics as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a confidential manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Computer skills and data entry skills are required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Internet and E-mail is necessary.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a calm, organized demeanor.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least one (1) year of office or medical experience is preferred.
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral tools
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21120