Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
We are looking for talented, dedicated Patient Registrar to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we’ll support you with comprehensive benefits including: training, a competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, medical/dental/vision, short term and long term disability, 401(k), work-life programs, employee discounts, and opportunities to grow your career potential.
The Patient Registrar is responsible for coordinating several duties simultaneously. The Patient Registrar will greet patients, check-in patients, answer telephone calls, and identify, register and maintain records of patients. He/she is responsible for the input and maintenance of patient computer data to ensure compliance to registry operational standards and to meet the users of registry data. Values at all times maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a confidential manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Computer skills and data entry skills are required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Internet and E-mail is necessary.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining a calm, organized demeanor.
- Have an understanding of Insurance plans/ 2 years’ experience helpful but not mandatory
- Education: High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of office or medical experience is preferred.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled