Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Phlebotomist to perform Venipunctures on our patients. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and managers.
- Prepare equipment to efficiently collect blood products. Maintains adequate supplies.
- Perform venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients. Identify and labels specimens accurately.
- Conduct waived laboratory tests on specimens.
- Assist donor before, during and after donation. Instruct patients on urine and stool collection procedures.
- Enter data into computer accurately and efficiently.
- Clean/sterilize equipment, instruments and work area following safety, cleanliness and infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of Phlebotomy training course is required, certification is preferred. Some work experience in healthcare is preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of phlebotomy techniques.
- Skill in performing venipuncture and capillary blood collection.
- Ability to accommodate on-call shift and weekend/holiday rotations.
- Ability to respond appropriately to instructions.Ability to work independently.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5941