Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Holy Family Hospital is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join its Emergency Medicine Team. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a stable collegial staff of Emergency Medicine Physicians and Advanced Practitioners who provide care to approximately 30,000 patients per year.
We have full-time, part-time and per diem opportunities available for qualified candidates.
Highlights of Joining the Steward Medical Group/Holy Family Hospital
• Be part of a larger system where over 70 Advanced Practitioners are employed in Emergency Medicine.
• Provide care to a diverse patient population, ranging in all levels of acuity.
• Obtain patient histories
• Perform comprehensive physical examinations to evaluate patients for admission
• Perform bedside diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
• Coordinate tests and consultations
• Implement treatment plans which includes communicating with referring and consulting physicians
• Provide consultation, teaching, and coordination with patients and their family members of treatment and medical care
• Prepare patients for discharge
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care is required.
• A Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants is required or Master's Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner's Program.
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required.
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively alongside our emergency physicians and Emergency Medicine residents.