Physician Assistant Ortho Surg
Steward Health Care Systems
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
The role of the Physician Assistant (PA) will provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician. The PA is committed to the highest standards of patient care while contributing to an environment that promotes innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition
- Order and interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination in the EMR system
- Complete required documentation and written follow up
- Make diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients
- Prescribe therapy or medication with physician approval
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management
- Instruct and counsel patients about prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries
- Completes assigned training and education
- Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Utah
- Orthopedic experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email
- Ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and decision making skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to take call as needed
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- Deductibles will not apply to services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- Office visits copays will be $0 when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse office visits will be $0 for all In-Network providers (Tier1, Tier 2, and Tier 3).
Other Benefits provided:
Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.