Physician Assistant - Orthopedic Practice
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Steward Medical Group is currently seeking an enthusiastic Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join its Orthopedic Department. The position would be based at an Orthopedica group in Eastona and Good Samaritan Medical Center. The position would be responsible for triage, management and referral on non-emergent orthopedics conditions. Position will be responsible for treating common recreational injuries, sprain and strains. Under the general direction of the Orthopedics surgeons clinician will appropriately manage and refer patient as appropriate to specialist.
• Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
• Clearly communicate with patients and their families
• Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
• Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
• Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
• Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage patient care •
• Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
• Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
• Participate in data collection and research as directed
• Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
• Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
• Other duties may include assisting with other services (i.e. General Surgery, Urology or Neurosurgery) upon request.
• Prior experience preferred, especially in orthopedics, emergency department or urgent care.
• Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred
• Current BLS and ACLS certification.
• Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant or Registered Nurse Practitioner
• DEA/Massachusetts Control Substance licensure
• Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19156