Physician Assistant - Steward Medical Group: Boston/Brighton Area
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
Steward Medical Group: Boston/Brighton Area
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Saint Anne's Hospital in Fall River, MA and Morton Hospital in Taunton, MA is currently seeking an enthusiastic Physician Assistant to assist in General Surgery and Bariatrics. Under the general direction of the general surgeons and bariatric surgeons at Saint Anne's Hospital and Morton Hospital, the Physician Assistant will manage patients in outpatient, inpatient and operating room settings.
* Communicate and coordinate effectively with supervising physician and other health professionals
* Clearly communicate with patients and their families
* Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients
* Identify and assess problems while interviewing and examining patients
* Order and interpret lab and imaging studies, prescribe medications, complete paperwork, and formulate treatment plans in collaboration with supervising physician
* Provide pre and post-operative patient education
* Acts as surgical first assist for a variety of general surgery/bariatric procedures
* Management of inpatient and outpatient general surgery/bariatric issues, including perioperative care.
* Works in a collaborative fashion along with supervising physician to manage post-operative patients in PACU, floor, or ICU
* Covers some evening phone calls, assists supervising physician with rounds on weekends if needed, and may intermittently cover first call from answering service
* Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary
* Perform similar and related duties as requested by supervising physician
* Participate in data collection and research as directed
* Reports immediately to supervising physician any deviation of normal operations
* Participates in Hospital Incident Reporting System and other risk management activities
* Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures
* Prior experience preferred, especially in neurosurgery and general surgery
* Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish a plus
* Prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred
* Current BLS and ACLS certification.
* Massachusetts license to practice as a Physician Assistant
* DEA/Massachusetts Control Substance licensure
* Graduation from an AMA accredited Physician Assistant Program.
* One year experience in a surgical program preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 53675