Physician Assistant - Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position is responsible for providing Physician Assistant services for a Urology practice located in Rockledge, FL. The primary responsibilities of the Physician Assistant include assessing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating health care to patients in the office setting and at Rockledge Regional Medical Center including some first call responsibility.
Responsibilities in the office include:
- Perform consults on new and established patients.
- Functions independently and collaboratively to perform history and physical for acute, critical, and chronic urologic patients.
- Performing diagnostic tests and screening evaluations.
- Help to organize clinical protocols for the practice
- Prescribing medications.
- Reviewing diagnostic results
- Responding to patient inquiries
- Office procedures commensurate with experience and comfort
Responsibilities in the Hospital include:
The PA will perform detailed histories and physical exams, review patients medical records, order laboratories studies, radiological and diagnostic studies. Record appropriate and accurate daily progress notes. The PA will provide patients and families with pre-operative and other pertinent education. They will answer questions regarding surgery, recovery and risk factor modification, procedures. The PA will arrange for hospital admission and discharge at the direction of the supervising physician. In addition, the PA will:
- Provide assistance in the operating room
- Independently perform routine urologic procedures on the floors and in the emergency room commensurate with experience and comfort level.
- Responsible for providing first call coverage from home on a basis to be determined by supervising physician.
- Daily physical assessment and daily rounding on all urology patients.
- Consult with the supervising physician regarding physical findings and course of treatment.
- Order appropriate medications as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Order diagnostic tests per as determined by the supervising physician or designee.
- Initiate consultations to other services, authorized by the supervising physician or designee.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of all Steward Medical Group and patient related information.
- Abide by all Steward Medical Group policies & procedures.
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the supervising physician.
- Florida license to practice as a Physician Assistant¨
- Start date contingent on successful enrollment of insurance payors.
- DEA / FLorida Control Substance licensure¨
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. Urology experience in a surgical program preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9372