Physician Documentation Assistant
The principle duty and function of a Physician Documentation Assistant is to enhance the efficiency of his/her supervising emergency physician at Good Samaritan Medical Center in Brockton, MA.
• Record a physician-directed patient history of present illness (HPI), past medical history (PMH), family and/or social history and physical examination (PE), including pertinent positives and negatives.
• Record procedures and the results of laboratory tests and radiographic images.
• Improve the efficiency of patient care by assisting the physician with routine matters.
• Serve as an ambassador/liaison between the physician, the patient and the ED staff.
• The Physician Documentation Assistant will function at all times under a physician's direct supervision, and will abide by all applicable Steward policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety matters, HIPAA-compliance and patient/computer confidentiality.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
Preferred candidate would be a medical student, nursing student, paramedic student, medical assistant, EMT or CNA.