Physician Practice Coordinator
This position is responsible for managing the patient schedules for physicians, responding to patient requests regarding their care needs, and insuring that communication between third parties and the respective physician is accomplished in an effective manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule new patient appointments using criteria established by supported physician.
- Schedule follows up appointments when needed.
- Respond to patient requests concerning medical condition by responding according to physician established protocol.
- Coordinate communication between physicians and managed care personnel.
- Maintain daily physician schedule.
- Maintain Medical Assisting duties for providers in clinical areas.
- Filling out Insurance Forms
- Filing Patient Medical Records
- Maintaining the Confidentiality of Patient Information
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies
- Scheduling Patient Medical Procedures
- Following Up On Patient Visits
- Ordering Lab Tests
- Taking Patient Vital Signs
- Taking Medical Histories
- Preparing Patients for Medical Tests and Examinations
- Assisting Physicians during Examinations
- Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
- Calling Prescriptions in to Pharmacies
- Preparing Patients for X-Rays
- Administering Topical, Oral, or Intramuscular Medications
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2 or more years of related experience; Associates Degree preferred
- Experience supporting one or more practices/facilities
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with hospital information systems
- Experience with Athena and Cerner (Preferred)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16788