Steward Health Care System is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 20 outpatient facilities all committed to compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization and community hospital network with more than 17,000 employees serving more than one million patients annually in 150 communities.
Steward Medical Group, Inc. is a physician-led practice organization with 1,700 employees in total and more than 160 physician practices throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
The Physician Assistants in Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic will evaluate, plane and provide care for patients in Cardiovascular Surgery. Responsibilities include first assisting the surgeon, rounding on patients, and performing hospital consults. The Physician Assistant must possess a strong work ethic, be a team player, and have a passion for Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic.
- Perform first assisting on open and minimally invasive CABG, valve, and aortic surgeries
- Perform endoscopic vein harvesting
- Perform detailed admission histories and physical exams on elective & urgent admissions as well as emergency room admissions.
- Perform the daily examination of patients.
- See patients for pre admission surgical testing
- See cardiac surgery consults and report to the appropriate attending.
- Formulate and document patient assessment and care plans in progress notes
- Arrange for any studies or procedures that are required, follow up and report results to the attending.
- Update the patient and family concerning the hospital course as necessary.
- Dictate discharge summaries and write prescriptions for patients being discharged.
- Write discharge instructions
- Current Board of Registration Physician Assistant License
- Current Federal DEA and Controlled Substance registrations
- Graduate of NCCPA approved Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Two to five years PA experience required, Cardiac Surgery experience preferred
- BLS Certified
- ACLS Certified
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14616