Pool Medical Assistant
OnSite Care is looking for an exceptional FLOAT Medical Assistant to join our team in our team! This position is PRN, on an "as needed" basis.
This position will work both front and back office. For the most part, your time will be spent in the following ways:
- You'll be the support for a one provider practice.
- You'll keep rooms neat and clean, and prepare rooms for the visits, procedures and patient exams, ensuring the provider has the equipment necessary for the procedure type, and patients are prepped appropriately.
- You'll get to know the provider's preferences and actively communicate with the provider to ensure you are providing the level of support necessary for the provider to effectively treat and care for patients.
- You'll obtain patient's vital signs, complete any point of care testing required for the visit type, and ensure patients receive the highest level of customer service possible.
- You'll act as a chaperone for your provider during patient exams as requested and assist with any procedure or exam requested by your provider.
- You'll perform point of care testing, administer vaccines and injections, obtain ECG/EKGs, and perform phlebotomy to obtain lab samples ordered by provider.
- You'll follow up on lab work, act as a liaison between patient and provider, provide patients with prompt responses to inquiries, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Most importantly, you'll provide patients with an exceptional experience at every opportunity!
What you'll have to be successful in this role:
- Successful completion of a Medical Assisting program or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing phlebotomy and giving children injections.
- Working with patients and customers and have experience providing customer service.
- You will be passionate about working in healthcare and want to work for a company that is making healthcare affordable and accessible for patients.
- You will be dependable, accountable, and courteous and value quality and continued improvement in everything we do.
- You will be a team player, and value the contributions of each person on a team.
In a perfect world, you will already have: (Preferred areas - We can train you in these areas)
- You will have 1 to 2 years of experience working in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Experience working in a Family Practice and/or Pediatrics.
- Experience working with an EMR (eCW).
- Competitive salary
- No Nights or Weekends
OnSite Care Inc, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Steward Medical Group.
OnSite Care Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.