Practical X-Ray Tech (SMG- Podiatry)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Practical Radiology Technologist performs reception and clerical duties, diagnostic procedures as ordered within the podiatry department.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns, and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Demonstrates competency in utilizing department radiology systems.
- Can locate images in system and assists others in finding patients in system.
- Completes all work before assignments in a timely manner
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of AMA accredited radiology program
- Current and valid CPRT Certification
- One year experience
- CPR/FA Certification
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6317