Practical X-Ray Tech
Assists in diagnosis and monitoring of patients by performing various diagnostic imaging procedures for patients of all ages. To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Responsibilities for In-House
- Machines and processors are turned on and warmed-up first thing each the morning.
- Films from the previous day that have been read need to have date stickers and numbers put
on film jackets and file the films.
- Schedule bone density appointments during downtime.
- Log is kept on all patients who have had procedures.
- Technologist performs all x-rays and EKG exams and takes the films and EKGs to the ordering
- Documentation is kept on all films that are going out to another doctor or hospital on where
they’re going and checked back in when returned.
- At the end of day, all machines are to be turned off. X-ray machines are shut off at the wall,
water turned off in the darkroom and the door to the darkroom is locked.
- All rooms are kept stocked with pillowcases, capes, gowns, and shorts.
Responsibilities for Mobile Units:
- Responsible for providing Radiation Safety for the patients and Staff in the room or on
- Perform EKG’s as needed.
- Complete appropriate paperwork as needed.
- Make sure all exams have reports or documentation.
- All images have been assigned if needed, histories scanned, and images are marked unread/ complete.
- Produces acceptable images with considering patient’s condition, body habitus, and pathology.
- Able to meet patient’s needs while producing quality images.
- Personal right and left markers are used on ALL x-ray images.
Education and or/ Experience:
- High school diploma or GED and completion of training program of an accredited school or program for Radiology Technology.
- ARRT Certification, Licensed by the State of Texas.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of equipment used to perform duties
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with all ages.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 10671