Responsible for comprehensive practice management of all assigned Steward Medical Group Physician Network departments and office locations.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
• Directs the activities of all assigned Steward Medical Group Physician Network department and office locations. Monitors their progress against mutually agreed on goals and objectives.
• Directs the activities of the office managers. Monitors their progress against mutually agreed on goals and objectives.
• Establishes budgeted staffing level for each assigned Steward Medical Group Physician Network department and office location. Works in close concert with the Recruiter to recruit, select and hire support staff. Works with Director, Human Resources regarding the completion and delivery of annual performance reviews and the resolution of employee relations issues and performance improvement training.
• Develops the annual capital and operating budgets and reviews monthly financial activity and reporting. Works closely with the physician in budget planning and fiscal review. Interacts with the Steward Medical Group Physician Network finance department on all relevant financial issues. Coordinates all operating capital expenditures, site renovations, medical equipment and computers.
• Ensures that support staff is fully trained. Works closely with Steward Medical Group Physician Network Patient Financial Services to ensure maximization of physician reimbursement in conjunction with third-party compliance requirements.
• Assists in the development of business plans for new sites or practices. Oversees the implementation of new sites including staff recruitment, equipment/supply purchasing, build-out/relocation management and the development of operating procedures.
• Contracts with ancillary services for office site usage. Manage session scheduling and support services at all part-time Steward Medical Group Physician Network sites. Coordinates necessary coverage arrangements for both primary and specialty care services.
• Works closely with the Director of Physician Practice Management, Steward Medical Group Physician Network physicians and the Steward Medical Group Public Affairs and Planning departments to effectively market and develop Steward Medical Group Physician Network departments and office sites.
• Works with the Steward Medical Group Physician Network IS and Patient Financial Services to develop and improve the flow of patient account information via automation of manual activities and electronic interfacings.
• Oversees necessary training needs of assigned Steward Medical Group Physician Network employees.
• Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Steward Medical Group Physician Network and client-related and patient-related data and information.
• Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and management skills required.
• Extensive knowledge of private physicians’ office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
• Management and supervisor skills required.
• Ability to manage the financial and operations aspects of multiple specialty or primary care sites.
• Experience with IDX and eCW system preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Internet.
• Training in the course of Quality Improvement, Performance Improvement and other educational programs preferred.
• IDX Enterprise system training in BAR, scheduling and managed care.
• Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.
• Above average perception of people and an awareness to deal with conflict successfully.
• Ability to management and direct the overall operations of private physician offices and clinics within Steward Medical Group Physician Network.
• BS in Management, Healthcare or Administration required. MBA preferred. Equivalent physician practice management experience will be considered.
• Five to seven years of healthcare management experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123002