Practice Applications Trainer (SMG)
Under the direction of the Director of Practice Optimization and Training, the Practice Applications Trainer provides end user training on all electronic applications (includes electronic health records as well as other electronic systems that affect the ambulatory medical practices)offered by Steward Health Care. He/she will work with providers and office staff located throughout Steward Medical Group (nationally) and is proficient in the electronic applications used by inpatient and ambulatory practices. The Practice Applications Trainer conducts end user training sessions and workflow assessments; provides on-site and remote Go-LIVE support based on Steward Medical Group operational and clinical best practices.
- Responsible for training providers and office staff on all practice EHR functionality, before, during and after system Go-LIVE
- Successfully attains "Certified Steward EHR Trainer" status as deemed by SMG Optimization Training Team
- Successfully maintains annual competencies as required by the SMG Optimization Training Team on an annual basis
- Advises and demonstrates best practices for entering data into the EHR in accordance with Meaningful Use, MACRA/MIPS Quality initiatives, SMG Policies & Procedures, and Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains EHR training documentation utilizing written training agendas and sign-off sheets for all trainings
- Works with Training Management to ensure that training requests are being responded to/scheduled in a timely manner for trainings coming through the SMG Training Distribution list
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of Steward personnel; promotes an atmosphere that encourages enthusiasm and user participation in the EHR systems; creates a positive environment for reporting application and/or system deficiencies and suggestions for system improvements and enhanced functionality; acts as the liaison between end users, SMG, and the Steward IT Teams
- Contributes to system improvement efforts through process analysis and workflow redesign; advocates for process change with an understanding of problems and solutions as they relate to current and future Steward business and clinical initiatives
- Provide monthly training reports for tracking and performance
- Participates in the identification of application problems and suggests resolutions; able to identify potential delays/roadblocks and escalates to management
- Supports key Training team deliverables and is able to work within defined project plan timelines
- Maintains the confidentiality of all patient related information; ensuring the security and confidentiality of systems data; and abiding by all SMG policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional communication skills including oral presentation and written documentation; solid analytical/problem solving skills required.
- Experience providing front-line Go-LIVE support in a multi-application system environment, within a complex health care organization required.
- Ability to conduct end user individual and webinar training sessions adapting training methods to various learning styles.
- Prior experience with EHR systems such as eClinicalWorks, Athenanet, or Meditech strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical and clerical operations and workflows strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated individual with proven organizational skills who needs minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel consistently through the United States as needed for supplemental support.