Practice Manager (OB GYN)
Under the direction of the Directors, the Practice Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of operations at clinic sites and related outreach. Supervises and/or coordinates the functions related to front desk, business transactions, medical records management, transcription, clinical support services, compliance, safety, and customer service. Works collaboratively with clinic medical staff and with system wide administrative and medical staff as needed. The Practice Manager is committed to creating a culture of compassion, integrity, innovating thinking and leadership excellence.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for general clinic operations
- Manages internal and outreach services of the clinic
- Develops and maintains clinic budget
- Responsible for plan and execution of clinic financial goals
- Organizes the work processes and work units to promote efficient flow
- Monitors workload and systems, coordinating resources to optimize operational efficiencies and patient satisfaction
- Collaborates with Director and professional staff to develop operating expense, FTE, and capital budgets
- Manages clinic operations to achieve and maintain financial performance targets
- Coordinates purchases of office, medical-surgical, pharmaceutical, laboratory, and x-ray supplies, manages inventories for each, and approves invoices for payments
- Coordinates on-site telephone and computer systems with Hospital resource departments
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of regulations and standards specific to the clinic(s), including Medicare service and billing regulations
- Coordinates the development of physician and midlevel clinic schedules and coordinates and communicates initial and revised schedules as appropriate
- Assures that physician call schedules are developed for all physicians, and coordinates call schedule with in-clinic schedule, physician availability, communicating initial and revised call schedules as appropriate
- Monitors flexible benefits expenditures to stay within contract allowances
- Assures that initial and subsequent physician/midlevel third party payer Credentialing is completed within required time frames
- Works collaboratively with clinic division coding and billing specialists and central business office to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided, prompt response to claim rejections, and compliance with all reimbursement procedures
- Communicates and supports policies and procedures appropriate for clinic
- Completes required reporting in a timely manner
- Provides supervision and leadership
- Conducts applicant interviews and effectively recommends appropriate personnel for clinic positions
- Provides for initial orientation and ongoing training of personnel in proper work performance
- Plans, schedules, and assigns work in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Achieves and maintains targeted staffing, quality and service standards
- Regularly evaluates employee performance according to policy, and provides direction for growth and motivation in the time period required
- Conducts or recommends progressive discipline and discharge proceedings when necessary
- Partners with Human Resources Representative on performance and employee relations issues
- Counsel's employees in resolving performance related problems
- Functions as a resource, teaching and collaborating with staff on a continuous basis
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business, management, or related field
- Five years or more management experience, preferably in healthcare, or equivalent education and experience
- Institutional accreditation and degree obtainment will be verified upon hire
- Experience in Neurosciences and/or OB/GYN is preferred.
- 5 years of leadership experience preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Experience working with physicians in a large physician group
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools.
All positions subject to close without notice
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled