Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 34 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,600 employees including over 1,500 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 400 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Practice Manager, under the direction of the Practice Administrator, is responsible for the overall success of one or more assigned medical practices at one or more locations with two or more providers. Responsible for the daily operation of assigned practices to ensure a superior patient experience, a positive team environment, and an efficient and financially successful practice.
Manages the daily operations of usually two (2) or more practices and ensures the coordination of the work activities and staff schedules.
- Effectively manages Human Resources functions for assigned practices through leadership, training, positive reinforcement, and, if necessary, appropriate corrective action.
- Supervises staff for assigned practices.
- Consistently creates and upholds an engaging environment for all team members by appreciating, caring for and encouraging/developing them.
- Hires, counsels and provides disciplinary action for associates as necessary.
- Arranges for, or provides, appropriate training for all new associates.
- Maintains adequate coverage for the clinical and non-clinical support of each practice, providing justification for changes in staffing levels as necessary
- Ensures all associates have the proper tools, resources and education needed to perform their job properly.
- Manages front desk functions and maintains a working knowledge of registration, appointment scheduling, insurance verification/authorization process, payment collection, charge posting, daily cash reconciliation and bank deposits.
- Manages process for month-end financial and operational requirements to be sure all work is completed timely, including, but not limited to, work queues, bank deposits, charge posting, cash reconciliation and denial report management. Researches and addresses questions relative to coding and billing.
- Monitors all clinical functions, seeking input from physicians and clinical management as needed.
- Conducts or arrange for regular inspections to be sure all documentation requirements are being met for current inventory of medical, pharmaceutical, and administrative supplies, medication storage, supply expiration date management, biomedical waste permit and other programs as required.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication with all staff and providers regarding policies, procedures, forms, changes, and requirements.
- Provides input into and initial development of annual capital and operating budgets for assigned practices.
- Recognizes staffing needs and works with Administrator to provide justification for changes.
- Identifies additional physician or provider needs and works with Administrator to develop corresponding business plan.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years' experience required.
- 5 years relevant healthcare experience acceptable in lieu of degree requirement.
- Strong personnel management skills.
- Revenue management and procedural coding knowledge.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled