Practice Operations Manager (SJMC)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Director of Practice Operations, the Practice Operations Manager directs, administers, and coordinates activities within the organization in support of the organization’s policies, goals, long-term strategies, objectives and contribution to the welfare of the community. The Practice Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of multiple units/departments to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate operational projects and staffing, performance improvement activities, and regulatory compliance activities. Processes complex information from a variety of sources, provides medical practice assessments, evaluates data and recommends action plans. Establishes and maintains relationships with customers including: executive staff, development staff, recruitment staff, physicians, physician extenders, legal counsel, corporate departments, hospital executive management, vendors, physician practice management, and other department directors and staff. Working with these relationships, the Administrator delineates clear lines of responsibility and accountability within departments and between departments and administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong personnel management skills
- Revenue management and procedural coding knowledge
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of medical technology (EMR) and medical terminology
- Knowledge of front office/back office tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and other stakeholders/customers.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic planning and management.
- Some experience in finance and accounting skills with regards to the oversight of a departmental budget
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years' experience required.
- Five years relevant healthcare experience acceptable in lieu of degree requirement.
- Ability to travel locally 20% of the time is required.
Comprehensive benefits including: training, a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), other voluntary benefits, paid time off, work-life programs, and employee discounts.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8304