Program Manager, Orthopedics (Nursing Degree Required)
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Surgical Services and the Director, Practice Management, the Program Manager is responsible for jointly overseeing the clinical and administrative aspects of the St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center Bone and Joint Program. These duties include, but are not limited to:
This role will require infrequent travel across Eastern Massachusetts. While all surgical cases are done at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton, MA, satellite clinics are located in Weston, Chestnut Hill and Boston.
-Ensuring high quality patient experience.
-Management and supervision of clinic staff
-Creating an efficient and productive environment for patient care through staff development, operational process improvement, and onsite management.
-Ensuring smooth and responsive business operations related to revenue cycle, surgical authorizations, phone management, information technology, and patient appointment scheduling.
-Supporting Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners and support staff in addressing operational problems or issues.
-Collaborating with Surgical Director on business development and growth strategies.
-Managing and developing relationship with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and develop business.
-Participating in regular review of services to ensure compliance with hospital based regulatory requirements (i.e. DPH, Joint Commission).
• Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing strongly preferred.
• BS in Management, Healthcare or Administration strongly preferred and/or equivalent physician program/practice management experience will be considered.
• Five to seven years of healthcare management experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written and management skills required.
• Working knowledge of office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
• Management skills required.
• Ability to jointly manage the financial and operations aspects of specialty care sites.
• Experience with Meditech and/or Athena preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Internet.
• Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.
• Ability to management and direct the overall operations of private physician offices and clinics within Steward Medical Group Physician Network.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13026