Program Manager, Orthopedics (RN or NP Degree Required)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Surgical Services and the Director, Practice Management, the Program Manager is responsible for jointly overseeing the clinical and administrative aspects of the St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center Bone and Joint Program. These duties include, but are not limited to:
This role will require infrequent travel across Eastern Massachusetts. While all surgical cases are done at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Brighton, MA, satellite clinics are located in Weston, Chestnut Hill and Boston.
Monday-Friday schedule, no weekend or call requirements.
- Ensuring high quality patient experience.
- Management and supervision of clinic staff
- Creating an efficient and productive environment for patient care through staff development, operational process improvement, and onsite management.
- Ensuring smooth and responsive business operations related to revenue cycle, surgical authorizations, phone management, information technology, and patient appointment scheduling.
- Supporting Surgeons, Advanced Practitioners and support staff in addressing operational problems or issues.
- Collaborating with Surgical Director on business development and growth strategies.
- Managing and developing relationship with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and develop business.
- Participating in regular review of services to ensure compliance with hospital based regulatory requirements (i.e. DPH, Joint Commission).
• Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Masters degree in nursing strongly preferred.
• Current Massachusetts Board of Registration Nurse Practioner or Registered Nurse Licensure Required
• BS in Management, Healthcare or Administration strongly preferred and/or equivalent physician program/practice management experience will be considered.
• Five to seven years of healthcare management experience, preferably in a large group practice. Private practice experience desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written and management skills required.
• Working knowledge of office operations, budgeting and financial reporting, medical billing operations and systems required.
• Management skills required.
• Ability to jointly manage the financial and operations aspects of specialty care sites.
• Experience with Meditech and/or Athena preferred.
• Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, Internet.
• Capacities to analyze, think creatively, weigh alternatives and act decisively.
• Ability to management and direct the overall operations of private physician offices and clinics within Steward Medical Group Physician Network.