Program Manager, Psychiatry
Under the direction of the Director, Practice Management and Steward Medical Group (SMG) Leadership, the Program Manager, Psychiatry will be responsible for managing a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient psychiatry program in Eastern Massachusetts. The Program Manager will be the service line expert and will develop protocols, operations, and be responsible for staff at all practice locations. In addition, the Program Manager may be required to perform hands-on patient care as needed in practice locations.
- Management and supervision of clinical staff including addressing operational problems or issues as they arise.
- Completes audits in quality assurance and improvement activities as requested to meet regulatory requirements.
- Develops standard system operations for ECT.
- Provides oversight to practice staff on proper protocols.
- Manages and develops relationships with key constituencies including internal and external partners to improve operations and business development.
- Develops continuing education programs and training for staff with both internal and external resources.
- Assists in development of capital planning for current sustainability and future growth of psychiatry program.
- Recruits qualified staff for psychiatry practice locations.
- Provides competent direct nursing care in all practice locations as needed.
- Informs Director, Practice Management of clinical needs and concerns related to the work environment.
- Massachusetts Nurse Licensure Required.
- BS or MS in Nursing or related field preferred or matriculated in a Masters in Nursing Program or related field.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of clinical nursing experience with three years of progressive management and leadership experience required.
- Ability to effectively manage staff in multiple locations.
- Experience in psychiatry required. Ability to collaborate cross functionally and within a matrixed environment.
- Ability to communicate with patients and family members in an effective, mature, caring manner.
- Ability to maintain harmonious, constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to recognize unsafe or emergency situations and act appropriately.
- Must be able to manage the financial and operations aspect of multiple infusion sites.
- Must be able to both effectively plan and organize department operations consistent with Steward’s strategic and operating objectives.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7495