Provider Onboarding Specialist - CMGE Practice Admin
SMG - Boston/Brighton Area
CMGE Practice Admin
Bachelor's degree is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Physician Services, the Provider Onboarding Specialist is responsible for coordinating the onboarding activities for all new providers. This position will work closely with various departments including Provider Enrollment, Human Resources, Practice Management, the Central Verification Office (CVO) and the hospital Medical Staff offices.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
* Updates and maintains provider onboarding tracking in Salesforce with current status of each provider throughout the onboarding process;
* Responsible for uploading, organizing and maintaining the Provider Onboarding Intranet Website including: provider contact information, documents, minutes, onboarding grid and other pertinent documents;
* Responsible for coordinating updates and communication between provider and Steward Medical Group departments including follow-up communication, collection and distribution of all required documents and forms;
* Meets with providers to facilitate completion of credentialing paperwork which could include local travel to Steward Medical Group Physician Practices within MA;
* Regularly communicates with providers to provide updates on the status of his/ her applications;
* Identifies follow up needed, and conducts appropriate timely follow-up investigation and communications;
* Responsible for tracking and facilitating onboarding paperwork including but not limited to reimbursement process for expenses incurred by physicians for relocation, CME/Professional Expenses, Medical Staff Application fees etc.;
* Responsible for requesting and receiving medical staff office and provider enrollment applications;
* Responsible for the communication of critical provider information during onboarding meeting to insure efficient on-boarding;
* Responsible for sending action item follow up emails to Practice Directors after onboarding meetings conclude;
* Prepares start date change letters;
* Updates contract tracking grids to indicate when employment and hospital agreements are sent and received;
* Participates in other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree and one year of provider enrollment or related experience, in a hospital or medical group setting, required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrate a professional and adaptable demeanor with internal and external clients, including administrators, physicians, peers, and support staff.
* Exhibit a high energy level, and demonstrate the ability to work as a valuable contributor to the team, with flexibility in work habits to schedule and meet the needs of the Department.
* The ability to multi-task, plan and prioritize a large volume of detail-oriented work in accordance with changing deadlines.
* Advanced computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel and demonstrated ability to conduct Internet research in an efficient, productive manner.
* Strong analytic and problem solving and project management abilities.
* Must be a highly motivated candidate with the ability to work independently and in a highly fluid environment.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 54255