Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - 8:00am-5:00pm
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Brockton Area
Steward Medical Group: Brockton Area
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Nurse Practitioner in the department of psychiatry will work under the supervision of a Psychiatrist to provide inpatient evaluation and management services to patients needing psychiatric treatment.
* Provide direct psychiatric services including comprehensive evaluation and treatment planning and delivery to patients admitted on inpatient psychiatric units & the Emergency Department
* Consult with supervising physician daily to review patient clinical course and response to treatment
* Provide direct psychiatric consultation services to patients admitted on the medical/surgical floors of the hospital
* Optional weekend on-site coverage under the supervision of an on-site psychiatrist
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
* Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate initiative in addressing responsibilities of the position
* Proficiency in use of electronic health records
* Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner
* Current ANCC PMHNP-BC
* Graduation from an accredited NP program
* Must meet all requirements to be admitted to the Medical Staff
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100022107