Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Allied Health/ Other Nursing
SMG - Dorchester Area
Steward Medical Group: Dorchester Area
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant will work under the supervision of a Psychiatrist to care for psychiatric patients in the hospital based psychiatric services at Carney Hospital in Dorchester. This position is per diem and will involve weekend and holiday shifts, rounding on psychiatric patients admitted to the hospital.
* Responsible for rounding on 20-25 patients admitted to the hospital
* Provide direct psychiatric consultation services to patients admitted on the medical/surgical floors of the hospital.
* Could include patients that require a psychiatric consult in the ED or med/surg floors.
* Provide direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation including history and physical exam, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment of patients assigned to him/her in the inpatient psychiatric unit.
* Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant is required.
* Psychiatry experience is preferred but new graduate Advanced Practitioners will be considered
* Graduation from an accredited NP or PA program.
* Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification.
* Must meet all requirements to be admitted to the Medical Staff
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 100019140