Receptionist - 7:30am-4:00pm
SMG - North Dartmouth Area
Hawthorn Business Office
Responsible for all front desk functions including general business office functions, and patient reception / registration. May be responsible for telephone triage and scheduling depending upon location. Supports the facility's ideology, mission, goals, and objectives. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Recognizes patients' rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Registers patients, collects appropriate co-pays, deductibles and other related payments that are due. Adheres to established cash control policies and procedures.
2. As part of the check in process, provides new patients with patient registration form and copies insurance card for file. Registers patients into the computer system. Verifies existing patients' demographics and insurance information at each visit; Checks referrals and POS or paper, obtaining required authorization, eligibility verification and confirmation of registration information.
3. Responsible for preparation of billing packets on a daily basis which includes:
* Assuring that an insurance face sheet is attached to each encounter
* Checking off each encounter against the schedule
* Ensuring that each encounter has been confirmed in the system,
* Tracking and following up on any missing encounters
* Ensuring correct entries on day sheet
* Completion of batch sheet checklist and all items listed on checklist
* Ensuring that each batch is sent to billing by courier
* Any other billing responsibility as designated by manager
4. Schedules appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols as appropriate
5. Serves as liaison with centralized Medical Records department as appropriate.
6. Demonstrates courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
7. Performs duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers
8. Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Prior front-desk experience preferably within a medical clinic setting
Skills and Abilities Required:
Experience managing a multi-line phone system, experience with computer systems and the ability to type, strong understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred. Must be flexible, customer / patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment. Bi-lingual communication skills are a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 100024409