Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for a professional, dependable Medical Receptionist with a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic! The successful candidate will:
- Register patients, collect appropriate co-pays, deductibles and other related payments that are due. Adhere to established cash control policies and procedures.
- As part of the check in process, provide new patients with patient registration form and copies insurance card for file. Register patients into the computer system. Verifies existing patients’ demographics and insurance information at each visit; Checks referrals and POS or paper, obtaining required authorization, eligibility verification and confirmation of registration information.
- Responsible for preparation of billing packets on a daily basis.
- Checking off each encounter against the schedule and ensuring that each encounter has been confirmed in the system,
- Tracking and following up on any missing encounters
- Ensuring correct entries on day sheet
- Completion of batch sheet checklist and all items listed on checklist
- Ensuring that each batch is sent to billing by courier
- Any other billing responsibility as designated by manager.
- Serves as liaison with centralized Medical Records department as appropriate.
- Demonstrates courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prior front-desk experience preferably within a medical clinic setting
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system.
- Experience with computer systems and the ability to type; strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred.
- Must be flexible, customer / patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment.
- Bi-lingual communication skills are a plus.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6805