Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Receptionist with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for all front desk functions including general business office functions, and patient reception / registration.
- May be responsible for telephone triage and scheduling depending upon location.
- Conduct self as a positive role model and team member.
- Recognize patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Register patients, collects appropriate co-pays, deductibles and other related payments that are due.
- As part of the check in process, provide new patients with patient registration form and copies insurance card for file. Register patients into the computer system.
- Verify existing patients’ demographics and insurance information at each visit;
- Check referrals and POS or paper, obtaining required authorization, eligibility verification and confirmation of registration information.
- Responsible for preparation of billing packets on a daily basis which includes:
- Assuring that an insurance face sheet is attached to each encounter
- Checking off each encounter against the schedule
- Ensuring that each encounter has been confirmed in the system,
- Tracking and following up on any missing encounters
- Ensuring correct entries on day sheet
- Completion of batch sheet checklist and all items listed on checklist
- Ensuring that each batch is sent to billing by courier
- Any other billing responsibility as designated by manager
- Schedule appointments accurately and efficiently within established scheduling protocols
- Demonstrate courteous, professional, and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers, and providers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior front-desk experience especially within a medical clinic /setting is strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system, experience with computer systems and the ability to type, strong understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred.
- Must be flexible, customer / patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment.
- Bi-lingual communication skills are a plus.