Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Medical Receptionist with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Greeting patients and conducting registration functions with them in a quiet and confidential manner
- Telephone triage and scheduling depending upon location
- Conducting self as a positive role model and team member
- Recognizing and supporting patients’ rights and responsibilities
- Collecting co-pays, deductibles and other related payments
- Providing new patients with registration form and sets up electronic and hard copy patient file
- Verifying patients demographics and insurance information at each visit
- Checking referrals and obtain required authorization, eligibility verification and confirmation of registration information
- Preparing billing packets on a daily basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior front-desk experience especially within a medical clinic/setting is strongly preferred
- Experience managing a multi-line phone system, experience with computer systems and the ability to type, strong understanding of medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans and referral procedures preferred
- Must be flexible, customer/patient focused, possess a positive attitude, strong learning aptitude and the ability to work well both independently and on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual communication skills are a plus.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient south coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.