Reconciliation Specialist (SMG- Cash Operations)
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Reconciliation Specialist summary of duties include but are not limited to: This position is responsible for Steward Medical Group follow up operations, meeting goals and company objectives, in assigned areas of cash posting, collections, payment validation, customer service and correspondence using any patient accounting system, ensure that all processes meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and compliance, performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient manner. Must be detail oriented meeting multiple deadlines while working independently and/or in small groups.
- Reconcile Bank Accounts using established controls
- Produce month end finance reports
- Handle non patient cash
- Reconciliation of the GL
- Manage Intercompany Transfers
- Reconcile patient account postings to deposits in bank
- Transfer payments to and from the various Steward vendors
- Work manager holds in Athena related to claims
- Resolve unapplied cash issues
- Upload remits for posting in Athena
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs
- Moderate to advance level of excel knowledge-including pivot tables
- Highly detail oriented and well organized
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward
- Associated degree or a combination of High School and relative work experience.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience with Cash Operations including balancing, reconciliation and EOB interpretation.
- Five (5) years’ Experience in revenue cycle operations.
- Two (2) plus years in Cash Operations
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience with medical billing/collection; physician billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; specific Athena Health experience a plus.
- Paid time off
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10259