This position is responsible for Steward Medical Group follow up operations, meeting goals and company objectives, in assigned areas of cash posting, collections, payment validation, customer service and correspondence using any patient accounting system. Reconciliation Specialist must ensure that all processes meet all government mandated procedures for integrity and compliance. Performs all responsibilities in a prompt and efficient manner. Must be detail oriented meeting multiple deadlines while working independently and/or in small groups. Revenue Cycle Cash Operations knowledge is required and Athena experience is preferred. The Cash Ops Reconciliation Specialist reports to the Cash Operations supervisor or manager.
- Reconcile Bank Accounts using established controls.
- Produce month end finance reports.
- Handle non patient cash.
- Reconciliation of the GL.
- Manage Intercompany Transfers.
- Reconcile patient account postings to deposits in bank.
- Transfer payments to and from the various Steward vendors.
- Work manager holds in Athena related to claims.
- Resolve unapplied cash issues.
- Upload remits for posting in Athena.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- 2-3 years experience with medical billing/collection; physician billing experience preferred.
- 2-3 years experience with Cash Operations including balancing, reconciliation and EOB interpretation.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding/terminology and third-party insurance operating procedures and practices a plus.
- Experience with patient accounting systems and billing/claim submission software; specific Athena Health experience a plus.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and/or business office procedures.
- Ability to utilize basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Moderate to advance level of excel knowledge-including pivot tables.
- Highly detail oriented and well organized.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate clearly with customers and insurance companies both within and outside of Steward.
- Associates degree or a combination of High School and relative work experience.
- 5 years Experience in revenue cycle operations. 2 plus years in Cash Operations
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4307