Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, professional Referral Coordinator with a positive attitude, along with the ability to work both independently and on a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will:
- Acquire and implement referrals for those patients with upcoming visits in-house and outside HMA.
- Maintain strict confidentialty.
- Follow referral processes to ensure that the minimum standards set within the SMG/HMA network are met as they pertain to referral review.
- Comply with referral management goals.The RC interacts with HMA administrators, site managers, PCP’s and the Medical Director, in these efforts to ensure that patient flow and office procedures are not negatively impacted by changes in referral management requirements.
- Concurrently reviews with the PCP those referrals that fail to meet established guidelines. Under the direction of the PCP, the RC will explore possible alternatives to referrals, which fall outside of the recommended guidelines.
- Follow the processes necessary to track referral activity under the direction of the department Director.
- Business College degree/certificate preferred with three to five years experience in a health care delivery system.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet.
- Requires autonomy in decision-making using sound judgement based on factual information, using established industry guidelines.
- Requires ability to identify risk-prone or problematic situations and know when to seek department Manager’s assistance.
- Requires ability to remain organized with workflow in spite of frequent interruptions.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate flexibility in assignment and remain calm and courteous with all patients, family, hospital staff and co-workers