Registered Nurse - Hawthorn Urgent Care
Registered Nurse/ Nurse Leadership
SMG - North Dartmouth Area
Hawthorn Urgent Care
Responsible for providing professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians. Performs in accordance with the facility's policies and procedures. Follows the facility's standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
2. Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
3. Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
4. Ensures appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
5. Maintains/reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results.
6. Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
7. Maintains patient confidentiality.
8. Perform all other work duties as assigned.
9. The job holder must demonstrate competencies applicable to job position.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Valid registration as an RN, BSN preferred in the State of Massachusetts. One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred. CPR certified.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment. Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in preparing/maintaining records, writing reports and
responding to correspondence. Ability to maintain quality control standards. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to communicate clearly.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 54756