Registered Nurse (RN) - Steward Medical Group
The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care, supervises non-licensed personnel as assigned in the practice setting, communicates with physicians and co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology, and able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
Ability to formulate and revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan for effectiveness, involving patient and patient’s family when appropriate.
* Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments
* Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
* Demonstrates the use of critical thinking skills and problems solving abilities in coordinating and supervising patient care.
* Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures.
* Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful/emergency situations.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians and co-workers.
* Interacts professionally with patient/family and treats patients/families with respect and dignitiy; ensures patient confidentiality.
* Contributes to the team concept and maintains a positive working relationship, both within the department and with other departments, assisting when a need is observed or requested, and offers constructive suggestions for improvement instead of complaints.
* Documentation reflects current nursing standards and supports policies and procedures.
* Is able to manage and operate equipment safely and correctly.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of infection control policies and procedures supporting standards of care.
* Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
* Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
Education and Experience
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure or Compact State Licensure.
* BCLS certificate required. ACLS as applicable.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 15912