Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated professional Registered Nurse to assist our providers in the treatment of patients. The successful candidate will:
- Provide general nursing care to patients. Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards. Monitor for adverse reactions, provide nursing assessment of patients, and verification of medication. Report to physician for evaluation.
- Maintain exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensure cleanliness. Prepare list of medical supplies needed. Prepare equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observe, record and report patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispense medication as directed. Educate patient/family about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition and maintenance of health and wellness.
- Ensuresappointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriation information. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Maintain/review patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Respond to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone calls. Instruct patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Valid registration as an RN; BSN preferred in the State of Massachusetts. One to two years experience in medical/surgical nursing and/or area of specialty preferred. Current CPR certification is preferred.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 12609