Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Rehabilitation Tech/Aide will assist in providing patient care under the direction and supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist as mandated by Federal, state, and local laws and Company policy.
- Executes activities as directed by supervising therapist
- Cleans, sterilizes, and prepares equipment in accordance with company policy and guidelines.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies and manages laundry appropriately
- Cleans and prepares treatment areas following OSHA guidelines, federal, state, and local regulations and company policy as directed by supervising Physical Therapist.
- Observes and reports any abnormal patient conditions, reactions, and responses to treatment in an effective, professional manner. Communicates patient comments and activities to Physical Therapists.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and compliance with Medicare and other governmental agencies’ standards.
- Adheres to and maintains appropriate patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- CPR and First Aid required within 60 days of hire
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and learn and retain new or evolving information and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Prior experience in an outpatient physical therapy clinic
- Two (2) years previous job related experience