Responsible for assisting OT/PT/PTA/OTA in patient care based on treatment plan established by PT/OT/Therapy Manager. Maintaining PT/OT department supplies and cleanliness.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise patients during prescribed treatment plans as developed by the Physical or Occupational Therapist.
- Informs therapists and assistants regarding patient information, treatment and patient subjective complaints.
- Operates therapy equipment and devices including crutches, canes, walkers, exercise apparatus, application and removal of hot/cold packs, paraffin.
- Assisting the secretarial staff with patient scheduling and communications
- Responsible for maintaining the therapy clinic’s cleaning and disinfection
- Responsible for maintaining supplies as necessary
- Complies with department policies/procedures and regulations related to cleaning, infection control, safety and quality improvement.
- Perform all other duties as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1-2 years of hands-on patient-care experience in an physical or occupational therapy clinic is preferred
Primarily treatment/exercise room setting. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to therapy setting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hand and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit or stand. May be exposed to various patient conditions including infectious diseases, blood, and bodily fluids. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Considerable physical activity related to patient care including: standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to lift/carry equipment up to 100 pounds and to move apparatus as needed. Requires ability to transfer/transport patients safely. Must have hand-eye coordination. Occasional stress from dealing with patient non-compliance.