Research Fellow - GMCC Surgical Off OH
SMG - Brockton Area
GMCC Surgical Off OH
Bachelor's degree is required.
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The Department of Surgery Research Fellow will coordinate and assist with research activities related to the Robotic Surgery Research Fellowship.
* To assist in research project development
* Participate in data collection for research activities
* Develop and design research projects in robotic surgery
* Coordinate research activities with other institutions
* Obtain IRB protocols
* Apply for research grants
* Ability to write scientific papers and publish on peer reviewed journals
* Present at national and international surgical congresses
* Candidate successfully completed or in surgical training
* Has background and education in research concepts and project development
* Can communicate fluently in the English language
* Bachelor's degree required
* Is enthusiastic and motivated for a career in surgery
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 55259